Verisure is a global leading provider of professionally monitored security solutions. We are an international company with a start-up mindset, fast, agile and lean, high performance and value-driven.
The Verisure Group creates services and products for smarter, safer and more secure homes, serving customers throughout Europe.
The Verisure Information Security team is currently seeking a talented, innovative and passionate Security Engineer to work within our Architecture & Engineering Function - supporting our growing operations on a group-wide basis.
Reporting to the InfoSec Architecture & Engineering Lead, this position will be a key member of the Information Security team with a critical responsibility to develop our Global InfoSec Offering.
Working within a Global organisation you will need to be able to successfully support your team, and stakeholders, in identifying, escalating and resolving critical security issues within Verisure’s Hybrid platforms.
Your actions will be vital in enabling secure business by providing the right advice, at the right time across a broad area of complex IT systems - enabling high-quality decisions to be made.
- Security Architecture: contribute to the design of the security framework within Programme and Project teams, guaranteeing that their vision, strategies, processes, employees and technologies are well-tuned and organized to optimize cybersecurity to support business objectives.
- Design & Implementation: ensure that security is able to be integrated from both the top-down and bottom-up, within Verisure, at all times.
- Technical Security Architecture: evaluate and determine the resilience and suitability of technical designs to reduce relevant cyber threats.
- Design & Implementation: establishing and communicating new architectures and demonstrating the suitability of this, to limit relevant cyber threats.
- Security Leadership & Management: planning, managing and organizing the delivery of the security architecture to internal clients. Supporting the development of the Security Architecture practice within the office.
- Security Transformation (and Security in Transformation): work on large-scale transformation programs and enhancing the capacity of these programs to assess and design cybersecurity.
- Communication & Influencing: cooperate with key stakeholders and use methods and facilities in the area of security-architecture to influence their decision making.
What you bring
To be successful in this role, you will need to be a strong technical security professional with a passion for problem-solving alongside a demonstrable technical track record in the consumer product and services sector.
Alongside this, you will need to have significant personal drive and an analytical mindset; with the ability to proactively anticipate risks and creatively resolve bottlenecks.
You can expect to travel up to 30% of the time within Europe in order to connect with our European development and engineering teams. This supports our ethos of strong stakeholder collaboration and ensures that Security continues to be embedded into our product development, ultimately protecting our customer’s homes and families.
- An advanced security qualification – SAFe, DSOE or CISSP (CCSP would also be advantageous).
- Working with Infosec teams and Product Owners to achieve alignment between InfoSec and Business change objectives.
- Providing implementation patterns of security controls throughout the solution delivery lifecycle.
- Design and development of generic security guidelines, ensuring that applications remain compliant.
- Evaluation and on-boarding of security tools such as RASP, WAF, SAST
- Contributing features to internally developed InfoSec tools and integrating them into the Security DevOps pipelines
- Azure DevOps/VSTS AWS Security Hub/Tools, validate requirements, deploy, and troubleshoot deployments of code and technologies in stage and production environments
- Troubleshooting complex incidents in stage and production environments
- Establishing proactive monitoring and alerting capabilities for platform components
- SOP Creation
- Fluency in at least two development languages e.g. Java, Perl, PHP or Python
- Knowledge of one container technology (e.g. Docker), and at two database technologies (e.g. MySQL)
- Code management tooling (e.g. Github/Gitlab)
- Working with CI/CD pipeline tooling and deployments;
- Demonstrating experience in configuration management across a multi-platform estate such as Ansible, Puppet or Salt.
- Solid understanding of:
- Security Protocols
- Cloud Security Models
- Written and Spoken Fluency in English
- Experience with either Amazon Web Services or Microsoft Azure
- Experience working in a Multi Cloud environment
- Experience with IoT; particularly smart home technologies, and the business models behind them
- Written and spoken Fluency in Spanish
We believe that we make a difference every day. To do that, we need committed and engaged employees. Our people are accountable for delivering world-class service and they are passionate about making the world a safer and more secure place.
Our teams operate with integrity and respect for one another fueled by an entrepreneurial spirit. We are building a high-performance organization through investing in our people, we offer a great opportunity to personal development with an environment characterized by humbleness and knowledge sharing and to enhance the on the job training we have a training budget to ensure personal growth.
We are looking forward to your application!